How to use your edible icing cake topper
Best stored in a cool dry place
** If it is hot or humid, please refrigerate the topper for 10 or 15 minutes before attempting to remove from the backing sheet.
- Important:- Please store your cake toppers in the zip lock bag and envelope provided and away from any extremes of temperature or high humidity, until you are ready to use them. Heat and humidity can adversely affect the toppers ability to be removed from the backing sheet.
- Have a plain iced cake ready. Cake toppers will work on almost any type of cake covering, the only exception is fresh cream, which has high water content and will need a thin covering of white butter cream under the topper. If you want to use the topper on a chocolate cake, it is best to put a thin layer of white icing underneath the cake topper, to stop the dark colour of the chocolate showing through.
- If necessary the topper can be trimmed with a sharp knife. If the icing on the cake is dry, apply a fine mist of water with a spray, or brush water on to the surface with a pastry brush before applying your printed image. Make sure the icing isn’t too wet – it just needs to be sticky.
- Ensure your hands are completely dry and remove the icing sheet from the zip lock bag. Carefully peel the topper away from the backing sheet.
- Next, lay your topper onto your cake, by holding the topper in both hands and placing it on the cake carefully – it will stick very quickly. If any bubbles or wrinkles appear, gently pat them out with your finger. If your hands are warm, put a sheet of kitchen paper on top of the topper before touching it. If the cake is larger than the topper, a nice finishing touch is to pipe icing around the edge of the topper, or even place chocolate buttons or sweets (if the cake is for a child!) around the edge, to hide the join.
- Various toppings can be used for your cake, however, a very wet whipped cream or non-dairy topping can cause image to fade if placed in your fridge. You will notice there is virtually no taste to the icing sheet when you cut the cake and eat it.
- The topper will keep for at least 6 months, as long as it is kept sealed inside the zip lock bag.
Starch, Maltodextrin, Glycerin, Sugar, Water, Stabilizers, E460i, E414, Dextrose, Emulsifiers E435, E491, E471, Food Colour E171, Flavours, Preservative E202, Saccharin, Citric Acid, Vegetable Fat.
How to use your edible WAFER cup cake toppers
Best stored in a cool dry place
- Important:- Please store your cake toppers in the zip lock bag provided and away from any extremes of temperature or high humidity, until you are ready to use them. Heat and humidity can adversely affect the toppers
- Remove your toppers from the bag and cut them out with sharp, clean, dry scissors. Always make sure your hands are dry when handling wafer toppers.
- Put your toppers on the cup cakes with pale coloured butter icing or similar (ready made is fine!). This can be piped or simply spread on top of the cakes. Glace icing can be used, but has a high water content and can cause the toppers to curl at the edges
* The toppers will keep for at least 6 months, as long as they are kept in the bag, out of direct sunlight and extremes of temperature.
Potato starch, water, vegetable oil